Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Blog Clip: Ranting Professors

I find reading (good) professor's blogs particularly enjoyable, and I think more students should - it might help them get out of the pervasive self-centered reality where faculty are somewhat god-like (or devil-like) authority figures rather than ordinary human beings. Here is a comment on someone's rant regarding idiotic students who want to be spoon-fed at the last minute:
[They make no contact] until the last 48 hrs. "Dr. Crit, I am feeling really overwhelmed by this project. Can we have an extension?'

How about an extension of my metaphorical fist into that void in your intellect where there should be pride and wherewithal?

I don't even have to say that, though. If I wait a day, a grandmother will surely drop dead.

Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home