Thursday, May 25, 2006

Distraction: Pandora

In high school, I had several friends who I considered somewhat music literati, and I always enjoyed their mix tapes (yes, at that time, you usually made mix tapes, not CDs) because it was generally artists or obscure songs I had never heard of that I never would have discovered otherwise. In college, however, i didn't really have the same sort of consistent flow of new music from friends for whatever reason. I used to listen to Yahoo's Launchcast quite a bit, which I enjoyed, but it certainly had its limitations. Today, however, I stumbled across Pandora, which is similar to Launchcast that it makes a customized radio station that evolves with continued input, but it far exceeds launchcast in functionality, asthetics, ease of use, etc. Go try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home